FSSAI Registration(State and Central)

  • ●  Mandatory for business engaged in Food Activities
  • 3 Type FSSAI Registration based on turnover limit – 1) FSSAI Basic registration, 2) FSSAI State license, and 3) FSSAI Central license
  • ●  FSSAI stand for Food Safety and Standards Authority of India. FSSAI license is mandatory before starting any food business. All the manufacturers,Marketing Company or Seller Packaging Food Products, must obtain a 14-digit registration or a license number which must be printed on food packages. If the Turnover of Business is below Rs 12 Lakhs, FSSAI Basic registration is sufficient. FSSAI State license is required where annual turnover between Rs.12-20 crores. FSSAI Central license is applicable on large business with annual turnover above Rs.20 crores. It is also required in cases where you need to supply at the government offices or import / export food products or Operating in more than 2 states.

Basic Documents requirements for FSSAI (Food License) Registration

  • Aadhar Card/ Voter ID / Passport / Driving License of Applicant
  • Photograph of Applicant
  • Business Address Proof – Water/Electricity/Telephone Bill or Rent agreement
  • List of Directors with full address and contact details ( For Company/LLP)
  • Certificate of Incorporation ( for Company/LLP) or Registration Certificate of business
  • IEC Code in case FSSAI license is to be applied for Export / Import
  • Detail about the business activity.

Documents requirement for FSSAI License (State/central)

  • Blueprint/layout plan of the processing unit showing the dimensions in metres/square metres and operation-wise area allocation (mandatory for manufacturing and processing units only).
  • Name and List of Equipments and Machinery along with the number, installed capacity and horse power used (mandatory for manufacturing and processing units only).
  • List of food categories desired to be manufactured (In case of manufacturers).
  • Authority letter with name and address of responsible person nominated by the manufacturer along with alternative responsible person indicating the powers vested with them viz, assisting the officers in inspections, collection of samples, packing & dispatch.
  • Analysis report (Chemical & Bacteriological) of water to be used as ingredient in food from a recognised/ public health laboratory to confirm the portability (mandatory only for manufacturing and processing units only).
  • NOC from manufacturer (mandatory for Re-labellers and Re-packers). Food Safety Management System plan or certificate (if any). Source of milk or procurement plan for milk including location of milk collection centre’s etc. in case of Milk and Milk Products processing units.(wherever applicable).
  • Source of raw material for meat and meat processing plants. (wherever applicable).
  • Pesticide residues report of water in case of units manufacturing packaged drinking water, packaged Mineral water and/or carbonated water from a recognised/ public health.
  • IEC Code in case FSSAI license is to be applied for Export / Import Audited balance sheet in case Food Manufacture is applying for a Central license.

  • Shops and establishments
  • It is made mandatory or pre-requisites for Traders carrying any trading activities like Commercial Shops, Restaurants, pubs, Salons, etc. within the local limit of Municipality or Within the jurisdiction of Any Local Authority to obtain a Trade License prior to commencement of business. But Shop and Establishment Registration is different from Trade License and which covers Shops and Commercial houses includes banks, offices, etc. Shops and Commercial Establishments Act 1958 was enacted to regulate the working hours, weekly/monthly off, payment of wages, terms and condition of employment, holidays, leave etc. of persons employed in shops, commercial establishments. Shop and establishment registration to take within 30 days from the date of start of business. In many states Shop and Establishment registration process 100% online, in some places semi online and offline.

  • PAN Card Copy
  • Certificate of Incorporation /. Registration Certificate ( for Company/LLP/Firm/other Organisation)
  • Photograph of Authorised Person/Prop./Partners/Directors Business Addres